The Fox is the second in line of the limited run of EP releases to be completed by Ruff Majik. Much like its predecessor, The Bear, the heart of The Fox lies in the no bullshit sound. Straightforward live recording with three musicians pummeling away at their respective instruments. It's a lively album, but much more rounded than previous explorations, bringing in a few "easy listening" tracks. However, these tracks are always haunting, and heavy stoner doom breaks are always ready to be dealt out with reckless abandon. It's a very riff centered album, as it should be. Lyrically, it deals with death, loss, magic, mystery, heavy drinking and the feeling of relentless struggle in an ever less caring society. Turn your speakers up to 100%.
- "The music breaking boundaries again"- Doombringer
- "Turn on the blacklight, plop down in the beanbag chair, and let it play." - metaltrenches.com
- " Oft times bluesy, oft times fast and furious," - metalnexus.net
- "the pieces’ enticing character makes for an effortless win-over." - Texx and the City
- " Fuzz to the bone" - Hand Of Doom
- "The Fox bites back and bites hard and instantly grabs you for one of my favourite rock and roll trips this year." - More Fuzz